Friday, September 12, 2008

Leaving Exile (for real this time...)

B"H

OK, so I did not leave exile last time, even though I thought I would. Better luck next time (now).

So this is supposed to be a log of my leaving exile and entering redemption, enlightenment, whatever you want to call it. It's supposed to be really cool, but so far it's so hard to get started.

I will spare you all the "lecturing" using religious sounding words like redemption, or Yoga sounding words like "enlightenment" (even though I just did), but will log my daily attempt at leaving the captivity of my body and release my soul to guide my body in perfect balance with the universe (what is this hippie talking about?)

The crazy thing is I'm not crazy (honestly, I'm not). this is a very real goal and it happens to be the basis for every religion, but so far, billions of us, across many different religions are born and die without fulfilling this goal.

I know what I need to do, today that's not so hard, there are plenty of books written by kabbalists and sages teaching us what to do. The problem is that so far I'm willing to bet that most contemporary books written about personal redemption or enlightenment have been written by people who know the "facts' but have been unable to implement it in their lives. It's evident from their own writings!

So, what makes me different? Nothing. I'm in exile, I have no revelation of my G-dly soul or G-dliness in my life, I act like a jerk sometimes, my life is chaotic, etc. I can write all these cool "how to" guides about meditation, balance, harmony, prayer, but I will be regurgitating what I read somewhere else (probably by someone who is also regurgitating...)

But I want to change it, I want to apply what I am learning. So this is my diary as I go about doing it. Please share with me your stories if you want to come along.

No comments: